Thursday, January 13, 2011

misty may hot pictires photo pics

It’s not every day when you get to play volleyball with an Olympian. But that was exactly what happened to sophomore high school teacher Melissa Roberts, according to a story in the Sun Sentinel.

Roberts, who teaches at Palm Beach Central High School and played tennis for Lynn University in Boca Raton, teamed with two-time Olympic Gold-Medal winner Misty May-Treanor in a charity event in Deerfield Beach.

There were more than 167 teams on the first day of the inaugural Ranse Jones Beach Volleyball Classic and another 100 teams on the second day of the event. The 18 courts on the beach were packed.

"I had no idea I was going to play with her," Roberts, who lives in Boynton Beach. "And then someone wrote to me, 'You're playing with Misty May.' I was like no way. I was so excited. I was so pumped. And she is so nice."

May-Treanor was on hand in Deerfield Beach for the two-day charity event that drew more than 1,000 spectators and players, with all of the proceeds going to Jones' medical needs.

Jones, a Flagler County firefighter and former Deerfield Beach resident, suffered a brain aneurysm while playing in the semifinals of the Panama City Association of Volleyball Professionals Young Guns tournament in April.

The classic raised $27,800 to assist the family with his mounting medical bills. Unfortunately, Jones died less than 12 hours after the local tournament was completed.

"This just shows the friends you have down at the beach," said May-Treanor, who has accumulated 113 tournament victories during her career. "You just never know who you are going to touch in life, and this just goes to show that he touched a lot of people.

Roberts said she was happy with her draw. The open players and amateurs were pulled out of a hat randomly. Roberts and May-Treanor teamed to win the women's title,

"She is so good," said Roberts, 25. "I was just so excited to be able to learn all day. I told her, 'Tell me whatever you want me to do.' I think we did pretty well. I was a little nervous in the beginning, maybe more excited than nervous."

May-Treanor, who lives in Coral Springs, was also pleased with Roberts' skills. She said she liked the idea of the random draw for a partner.




misty may photo
misty may pics
misty may
misty may
misty may photo gallrey
misty may
misty may
misty may
misty may